44 Springs Hermitage ā Pietreni village
Also known as The Hermitage under the Stone, it was built by the abbot Steven from the BistriÅ£a Monastery, in 1701, being the small predecessor of this monastery.
Only the church and one wall of the old surroundings are still preserved.
It is a simple church, shaped as a nave, with a closed porch, a pronave and an altary, decorated on the outside by a few brick belts and a gable with St Stevenās icon. It is covered with clapboard, the roof on four plans having a very lithe and elegant aspect.
The painting was done by the painter Efrem from BistriÅ£a, unfortunately deteriorated because of the cracks in the walls, caused by the groundshakes generated by the explosions from the nearby limestone mine.